Jonathan Lebolt, PhD, CGP
* Teletherapy Available in MD, DC, VA & NY *
- Over 30 years' experience providing psychotherapy and psychoanalysis
- PhD in Clinical Social Work (Union Institute & University)
- Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (National Association of Social Workers)
- Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker in MD, DC, VA & NY; NJ license pending
- Certificate in Psychoanalysis (Contemporary Relational approach)
- Certificate in Group Psychotherapy (Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society)
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (International Board for Certification of Group Psychotherapists)
- Former Adjunct Faculty, Virginia Commonwealth, Columbia, New York, Fordham and Adelphi University Graduate Schools of Social Work
- Former Full-Time Faculty, Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Psychiatry.
- Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy + Psychoanalysis, Relational Perspectives Study Group Leader
- Washington School of Psychiatry, Steering Committee, Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity & Culture (former)
- Mid-Atlantic Group Psychotherapy Society, Anti-Racism Committee
- Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- American Psychological Association, Division 39 (Anti-Racism Reading Group), Section 9 (Psychoanalysts for Social Responsibility) and Division 49 (Group Psychotherapy)
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work
- International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
- International Association for Psychoanalytic Self Psychology
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work
- New Jersey Society for Clinical Social Work
- National Association of Social Workers, New Jersey Chapter
Click here to see a copy of my CV.
Lebolt, J. (1999). Gay affirmative psychotherapy: A phenomenological study. Clinical Social Work, 24 (4), 355-370.
Lebolt, J. (2002). Pandora’s box: The effect of diagnostic disclosure on a depressed patient. Clinical Social Work, 30 (3), 281-292.
Lebolt, J. (2004). Book Review: Like Subjects, Love Objects: Essays on Recognition and Sexual Difference, by Jessica Benjamin. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 33 (2), 176-177.
Lebolt, J. (2020). Washington School of Psychiatry Workshop Summary: Psychotherapy and LGBT Identities: Historical, Clinical and Ethical. Psychiatry,83 (2), 202-203.
Lebolt, J. (2021). Washington School of Psychiatry Workshop Summary: The Role of Race and Racism and Its Impact on Professionals and Communities in the DMV. Psychiatry, 84 (1), 101-102.